OasisWeb3 component

Hi! I am trying to add the OasisWeb3 compoment but it does not show up anymore.
The Oasis Wallet component is available.

Is the OasisWeb3 component not available anymore?

Thanks
David -

The OasisWeb3 component was renamed to “Blockchain Wallet”.

-Mark

1 Like

Thanks Mark, do you know if the supply chain Ledger is still working Ive tried it out on the thunkable live app and it seems not to be.

There may be issues with the Oasis components. Oasis Labs is switching to a new API and protocol and may have broken our components or some of the existing dapps. To be honest, we are reconsidering our support for the Oasis components in light of their extremely low usage. We haven’t made the final decision yet, though.

-Mark

1 Like

Thanks for your reply Mark.
I really hope you continue to work with Oasis,
People will come around to wanting to build stuff with Blockchain,
even though its slow now they will come around, and it would be a shame if its not supported.

I think that aside from the docs, there is very little material out there to show thunkers what they can do (or could do with Oasis, before the 2.0 update).

Thanks
Regards -

Thanks, David. We’ll keep your thoughts in mind as we make our decision.

-Mark

Hi @Mark , I tried the BlockChain Wallet today (see screenshot). I get an address, but when I try to get my balance, I don’t get any response, not even an error. Is the component still alive? The mentioned URL “https://docs.oasiscloud.io/en/latest/thunkable/” does not longer exist.

Btw: running my app on an Android smartphone it crashes the thunkable environment when clicking on “GetBalance”.

Unfortunately Oasis changed their APIs and I believe that our components are no longer compatible with their latest service. Given the relative lack of interest that we’ve seen in the Oasis components by our users it’s likely that we will end up removing these components to avoid user confusion.

Are there other providers for BlockChain Technology that Thunkable may implement in the future?

Are there other providers for BlockChain Technology that Thunkable may implement in the future?

We have no specific plans for that right now.

-Mark

Hi @Mark,

Since this component is broken, I would suggest removing it.

Greetings,
Michael

1 Like

Agreed!

1 Like

Does it work now?