No Listpicker in Thunkable X

Hi everyone, I am migrating over from app inventor so that I can compile my business app to iOS. I subscribed to the PRO version of Thunkable and am pretty bummed that something like listpicker is not available. I searched and read all available threads and the work arounds are not really satisfactory. My app is heavy with listpicker function and I’m wondering when (if) it will be available?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello sir,

Welcome to Thunkable Community & Thunkable! :blush: :tada:

The ListViewer component is also as-good-as ListPicker :smile:

#1 Here u can find the listviewer component -

#2 Here u can add items to the listview -

#3 Here u can add the “Item_clicked” event -

For more reference, please refer to ListView Docs

#Happy Thunking! :wink: :tada:

1 Like

What is your app used for? @kartik14’s workaround as shown above is a fantastic idea. You could also though use buttons, as there is the Any Component, which means you can create or clone a button for j in length of list.

Basically it is a list viewer, which you can stylise and do cool stuff with like list picker.

The screen capture is what I hope to reproduce in Thunkable X. When listpicker is the app it appears as a white box with the word “Select” after selecting on of text items from the list that word than takes the place of select.

Hello sir,
This could help you :slight_smile: -

Thanks! :smile:

Hi,

The scrLists screen shows a drop-down list, and the scrDialogs screen shows a dialog list for selection when you click the Custom dlg button or full screen on scrPickers (In this example, I use Local storage only to protect the page from freezing)

https://x.thunkable.com/projects/5d370bd8814895afb4300c50/project/properties/designer/

2 Likes

Thank you sir for your help, I greatly appreciate your assistance! Below is a screenshot of my thunkable code per your recommendation:

Unfortunately the list is appearing in full when the app is open:

When I select an item it does transfer to the Label Field named BatteryTestSelection.

This is a screen cap of my app in app inventor and the list does not appear until the user touches on the word “Select”:

Thoughts?

Hello sir,

Thanks a lot! :smile:

:arrow_right: Try hiding the label and the button when the button is clicked.

More clearly,

When select btn clicks, show listviewer and hide the button with the label.

Thanks! :smile: