Is there any issue about between text and list?

im having problem with between text and list

it’s like if i thought it was List but thunkable regard it as Text

for example) if i make an object in Firebase like

ABC
- property1 : value1
- property2 : value2

and i take it as “get object properties of” cloud ABC
then, if i want to get the length of it, it should “2” but it said “3”
and if i want to get the items of it, it should “property1, property2” but it said “A, B, and C”

i dont think it always have done like that.
is it only my problem?

If it shows 3 properties, then you need to see what is the third of them

if i want to get the items of it, it should “property1, property2” but it said “A, B, and C”

If this is the case, then the mistake is that your assumptions about how things should work don’t match up with how they actually work.

If something doesn’t work the way you thought it would, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t work right. ))

it is the third alphabet “c” becuz thunkable understands “list get #” as text, not a list.
i think recently become different.

another example is, in past, “list <-> text” function worked if there is no comma (regarded as 1 item in a list). but now it doesn’t work.

i think recently become different.

You “think” - this is the problem. The developer must know exactly what happened. How do I do this? You need to experiment and figure out the problem.

I suggest you play a game. Let’s say it’s not you, but I wrote about this problem. Explain to me why I get such directional results?

another example is, in past, “list <-> text” function worked if there is no comma (regarded as 1 item in a list). but now it doesn’t work.

Show an example of what worked before and doesn’t work now

sorry my bad. i just realize there is simple mistake by myself

I have also encountered a number of issues related to how thunkable handles lists and object. Thunkable’s handling of variables and their values changes unexpectedly with some regularity. Is it unfortunately part of working with thunkable. You can submit a bug report using GitHub. But few of my reported bugs have been addressed.

Good luck. I feel your pain.

1 Like