[Solved] Can I make a search bar?

iam beginner here
i make this as latest topics of search bar
but i know mine is alot of mistakes
plz what can i do
search bar

Please see here.

Always make sure to search in the community first. If this doesn’t solve your issue please respond back here :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks for respons eoinparkinson
I saw this post and try to make same of this
But I can’t get all tools that’s used there and don’t work.
I think some tools was updated …

Hi @marketandsellbuy8jcb

While it’s true that we are constantly updating Thunkable, I don’t think the blocks used in this project would be affected.

I noticed in your screenshot that you’ve created a function called do Something 2 which prompts me to ask two questions:

1. Is there a first do Something function somewhere else that you’re not using?
  2. Even though you’ve created this function, you’re not actually using it (in and of the blocks you’ve shared with us here)

Thanks

2 Likes

You may be referring to the variables above (orange blocks). Thunkable now has 3 types of variables. They’re very easy to understand.

App -> your regular standard variable. Resets when you close the app.

Stored -> does what it says and stores the variable after the app closes.

Cloud -> this variable works with Firebase. You may want to read the docs on this to further understand it’s workings.

In your case you want to use app variable.

2 Likes

What’s wrong on that

The blocks are not the same as the example by @jane which I linked in the previous post.

Obvious things to note:

1. You cannot initialise a variable to a value block. That value block is equal to nothing unless specified by a component that outputs a value, such as Firebase DB or a switch.image

2. The in list insert at block should not contain the UPDATELIST variable. I am unsure which variable to sub in there as I can’t figure out your variable naming scheme.

3. There should be a set tempList to block like shown in the example here: image

Your best bet is to copy the blocks 1 for 1 from the example. If you then name your variables according to the example I would be able to assist you further but I am quite honestly a bit lost in your code.

2 Likes

SO THANKS [eoinparkinson] FOR UR RESPONSE AND HELPING
1- in THE EXAMPLE …I CANT GET BLOCK & WITHOUT MAKE VARIABLE FOR IT …and i will enter words in list replace the block “value”
2-LIST 2 HAVE A,B,C BUT WHEN I ENTER "A " OR “B” OR “C” DONT RETURN ANYTHING BUT WHEN WRITE ANY OTHER LETTER RETURN “C”…howwwww where is the wrong

So Thanks … & can i get ur account (facebook) to ask u directly …( If u Want )

Hi,

You could remix this app if you are finding it difficult to replicate the blocks. This is the sample app from the example post. I’ve used this example many times in some of my projects and it works fine.

You can open the example app above and save the search screen to my screens. Then in your app you can paste this screen back in and the blocks will already be done for you. All you have to do is design the screen :slight_smile:

Let me know if that helps.

4 Likes

So So So So THANKS MY FRIEND
I UNDERSTAND WHATS WRONG
SO THANKS EOINPARKINSON FOR HELPING
:grinning: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Glad I could help!

3 Likes

hi,

does not seem work. when i search it go next screen without any result on it

Hey @ozel1978,

Would you mind sharing your blocks? Thanks.

thank you for that,
but what if after it shows the result and I wanted to click one of the result to see more information, what should I do ??
Thank you for reply back.
I have an idea of using of using local DB but I don’t know what to do next

1 Like