How to save text inputs to Firebase?

How would I save a series of text input’s on a screen to Firebase? I have 5 onboarding screens with a list of questions the user needs to fill out that I need to capture.

Would I use cloud variables and use create object with fields like this example?

Screenshot 2022-12-30 at 11.12.28 PM

Yep!

I would use a structure like this

1 Like

Thanks Jared! It’s starting to make sense finally!

Screenshot 2022-12-31 at 11.00.01 AM

Also - I have this dropdown thing for intensity. The Intensity of training is a button and when that is clicked it shows 4 different options that I need saved as well. But i realized the tutorial i went through had these as app variables instead of cloud variables.

What’s the best way to get these dropdowns stored like the text input fields?

Screenshot 2022-12-31 at 11.09.56 AM

Screenshot 2022-12-31 at 11.12.15 AM

1 Like

When you say “drop downs” I assume from your screenshot you mean a List Viewer.

When a user clicks on a listview item, their choice is stored in a green “item” block. You can assign this block to an app variable and then store that variable in Firebase just like you’ve done with the text input blocks.

Yes, it’s a list view. So would the code block look like this?

These two things have to be the same, either a variable or a text input’s text. I would use a variable but that’s up to you.

Okay, thanks. I’ll have to keep playing around with it. I just don’t understand what I need to do with the blocks to make this work.

Is this how you assign the listview item block to an app variable?

Screenshot 2022-12-31 at 7.58.56 PM

No. And I’m sorry I haven’t been able to provide a screenshot of blocks. I’ve been away from my computer for a couple days.

Set app variable Gender to [item].

The [item] block is green and you just drag it from the “when list viewer item is clicked” event block.

So the left side of your screenshot is correct (setting a variable value) but the right side is not. It needs to be the [item] block. And that block can only be used inside of the “when list viewer item is clicked” event block.

Like this:

You’re awesome! Thank you so much. I finally have it writing to Firebase.

2 Likes

Thanks for getting me started with the structure!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.