How to have user enter calories and display a progress slider?

I was wondering how to make an app where on one page, you could enter how many calories you eat per day. On another page, you would be able to input a goal for the week and you could see how close or far you are from that goal with a slider. I’m not really sure how I could go about this since I am a beginner.

1 Like

@mustang175 Welcome to Thunkable! If you haven’t done the tutorials or watched YouTube videos about Thunkable, that’s a good way to get started.

For this project, you would want to use variables to store the entered values from the text inputs so that you can access them on another screen. I’m not sure the best way to do a slider. I’d probably use a color square/bar on a Canvas or maybe better yet a row/column with a background color where you dynamically change the size of the component. I would use the Snap to Place interface, not the newer Drag & Drop interface, for this.

If you need more help, post a link to your project or a screenshot of your blocks and ask a specific question you need assistance with.

Also, your topic title should be a short summary, not the whole question… I’ll update it for you.

1 Like

Ok, thank you!

You’re welcome. Here’s a demo of how to make a percentage progress bar:

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/1c1a1a5a4684a025d49e8e17f6d8eb8c

(See the screen with your username.)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.