How to concatenate QR code scanning data and location data save into the database?

1 Like

You’re not giving any information about your issue. Please explain what you expect the code to do and what it really did.

1 Like

I’m Creating the QR code scanned attendance report so we get embed QR code student details in email and student name, then we get location data and we save all the data for google sheet. now testing purpose I’m using stored email and user type, actually we replace the QR code scanned data in student name and email. our students training conduct for multiple venues so we want to location details, then current date and time.

Like this

1 Like

Are you saying that the data is not being saved?

You just explained your idea but has not said a word about what problem are you facing.

1 Like

Yeah @muneer data is not saving in our database

1 Like

Ok,
At this stage, I would first remove the blocks you used for registering the date and time columns. and replace them by sample text such as

1 Like

Ok i replace the blcok @muneer

@muneer that’s not working
Screenshot 2022-04-11 171110

1 Like

You need to also fix these

It should be like this

1 Like

@muneer No new result
Screenshot 2022-04-11 182516

1 Like

I just made a quick project and tried this and it worked

1 Like

@muneer Ok I will try this function

1 Like

Remeber,
Location green block does not actually have a name pf a place but rather other numbers.

1 Like

@muneer ok but how we are getting the location name. we don’t want to the number.

Thunkable does not have a component for this so you need to use one of the API calls for reverse lookup or use this API to get the city name

http://www.geoplugin.net/json.gp

If you want it through Google then use this example https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/json?latlng=40.714224,-73.961452&key=YOUR_API_KEY

You will need to have an API Key first

See this link

2 Likes

@muneer thank you, I will chase the result :slight_smile: Reverse Geocoding App - Get Location from Latitude/Longitude

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.