How do I set a area to be not sensitive to touch

I am trying to make an area of my app not touchable by users, and I tried many ways to prevent users from touching an area but ended in failure.

1 Like

@muneer based on my experience, you know a lot and have helped multiple people with their problems on Thunkable, can you please help me with my question?

1 Like

What did you try? And why do you need an area of the screen to not respond to touch? And what does the screen look like (where are components, where is the area you want to avoid touch)?

1 Like

For example, if I don’t want the user to touch any part of the screen what do I do

1 Like

I’m trying really really hard not to say “install a screen protector” and um… I failed.

In general, components on the screen won’t respond to touch unless you program them to do something. If you can give us a specific example where the user touching the screen does something it shouldn’t, we can probably help you figure it out. But you’ve got us stumped, because “don’t touch the screen” doesn’t really make sense…

1 Like

In the new DnD UI, place the components you want and then place group component over them which will make them unresponsive.

Easy trick. Try it.

1 Like

Thanks so much @muneer!