How can I add a Copy Button?

I want “copy to clipboard” after I want to paste it Messaging or Facebook Messenger.

I don’t have this option on x.thunkable.com. Screenshot_1

well there is as @jared said

This block will not allow users to paste text anywhere outside the app. @jared’s CopyToClipboard website would work if there was a block after the . Jared, would it be possible for you to update that website?

2 Likes

if you actually want to copy to clipboard then use @jared’s method

Hey @codeswept, I have updated the code. It should work for you.

Thanks for pointing out the missing tag @jaythemanchs, I wrote that script on my phone, on GitHub, on the go. Much appreciated proofreading!

2 Likes

Great! Thanks @nradjt74jatz. This is indeed a wonderful new addition to what you can do on Thunkable.

2 Likes

@jared
great wrk

1 Like

Hey @jared
I tried this today, and it wasn’t copying. I even viewed page source, copied the code, and created a Github repository (hope you’re fine with that: if you want me to take it down, I can) but it still didn’t work.
What should I do?

1 Like

The code will work on a computer but not on a mobile phone.

Try it using the web Live Test.

1 Like

yep so use my code
it may wrk
partially

where is your html code @eko.devs.apploroceo???

i showed the block code
Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 11.42.44 AM

Hey,
@mikailsarkar02g0m if you want to paste in Facebook or any other. Then you can use share component also.

This doesn’t work @eko.devs.apploroceo. You can’t paste this outside your app, and you can’t use CTRL-V to paste it even inside the app. It doesn’t work.

2 Likes

No. I don’t want to share facebook or other social media.

1 Like

There is some issue using the above javascript solution, i have posted about it on github here.

1 Like

this worked

Hey… i didn’t understand your message
Can you send a block of code regarding what i’m supposed to do?
I’m making a speedrun retime tool and it’s necessary to have the final time copy-able.
Thanks!