Help with JSON Data

I’m stuck on how to work with JSON in this specific instance. I have a JSON file that contains data for locations and a numerical value associated with that location. The file looks something like this:

[{"lat":63,"lng":-126,"number":58},{"lat":63,"lng":-125,"number":58},{"lat":63,"lng":-124,"number":58}...]

Using this block:

I do, in fact, get the number 58 returned back. It works as expected. However, my JSON file could contain hundreds of points to reference. How do I load all of these into a list so that I can process them? Essentially, I am working on plotting stuff on a map, but I need to get all of my coordinates loaded into a list and I am lost on how to make that happen. I want to create a list that contains the lat, lng, and number for each point loaded from my JSON. I just don’t know where to begin.

@ronnie try something like that and create 3 lists for lat, lng, and number

2 Likes

I saw that in my searches. I’m not sure that’s what I need to do, but I’ll try it and see what happens!

Looks good! I think you could also do get property of object j (where j is a variable).

Essentially, what I am trying to do is get all of the coordinates from my JSON loaded into the app. I need to store them so that I can iterate through them to draw boxes on the map. Like this:

Those boxes are what I have manually input into the map’s addPolygon element. I think the list option may be the way to go. I can build my lists of lat, lng, and number to use in building a list of objects to create the polygons. I’m not sure if @ioannis or your way would be a more efficient process, @tatiang, but I am making some progress with the lists!

I think I am going to abandon this idea. Just getting the JSON parsed is running like molasses. The JSON file has 12398 items and the app takes forever to process them all. I have a web file that already plots them on a map. I wanted to try getting rid of any web pages I could because I have a feeling the web viewer is causing some issues with errors in the app. I can’t confirm that, but I was trying to rule that out.

Thanks for the help guys! It may be valuable knowledge to me in the future!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.