Help speeding up my Gallery

I haven’t yet seen evidence of this - do you have a simple example that reproduces it? I see that image borders are bugged when the image is clickable, but that has nothing to do with cloning.

1 Like

You set your width to 95%, so of course there’s space on the right - that’s the other 5% of the screen. :slight_smile:

You are right. Cloning does work, but the borders are bugged. Sorry.

There shouldn’t be a space, as I have a background picture set for the row. Here is the preview it does display good, but on my iPhone it doesn’t:

See my project above.

If I set the width of the row for 70%, I get this on my iPhone:

Right here - you have the width of the row set to 95%, which means you’re going to have a stripe on the side next to the row. Oh… are you saying it isn’t filling the 95% wide row? Whats your background picture resize mode set to? Set to cover.

1 Like

I found some info about cache settings:

1 Like

I have already tried that before, but it does that weird thing:

Btw, showing me this setting was absolutely helpful in my project, thanks!

2 Likes

In your screen shot, you’re showing it set to contain.

Is the red from the row, or does the container holding that row also have a red background?

Contain looks like this:

The screen has white background color, the row has red. (To visualize my problem.)

But I have a sample project above. Do you experience the same behavior?

1 Like

I’ll have a look when not on my phone! :slight_smile:

Updated: Yeah, I see it on Thunkable Live/small iPhone. I’m suspicious this is a Thunkable Live-specific layout problem (because the screen height gets encroached on by the header/footer added by Live. So I’m building your project to test that hypothesis. Will report back in an hour or so!

I’m building with these settings:

2 Likes

Ok, not an artifact of viewing in live.

So let’s back up - what do you want it to look like? 95% of screen width, centered, no red?

Sometimes, you just have to do it yourself. This seems to do what you want:

Should you have to resort to calculating it manually? No, but sometimes you just do. :slight_smile:

1 Like