Help doing multiplication and division with user inputted values

I can’t figure out how to do simple arithmetic with variables input from the user on the client side. For example, a user inputs 3 variables, and i do a simple calculation for them that then returns the answer. Something like,

output = [user_variable1] + [user_variable2] / [user_variable3]

The math functions don’t allow using variables (only numbers), there is no operator to place between variables in loops/functions. I can do a sum or join using lists, but that doesn’t help with multiplication or division.

I must be missing something obvious? Please help! I’m going to pull out my hair!!

that’s not correct
It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

Taifun

Apologies if this hard to read. Adding it from my phone. Say for example I want to divide Global_duration by target_bac now that I’ve retrieved the values from local storage. That’s a simple example of what I’m trying to do. I don’t see the ability to do that in what’s available in the math components. Thank you so much for your help. I hope I’m just missing something obvious.

Nevermind. I’m an idiot. The way the math components looked made it appear to me that only numbers would work. This is not the case. Apologies.

Maybe an idae for future UI tweak would be to make it more obvious for dummies like me that the math can be done on values or variables.

Thanks, and sorry again.

moved into the Thunkable X Discussion
Taifun