but when i use ‘get property of object’ and ‘get object from json’ from the response, the first response always gives a network request failed error. if i press the button again then it works fine and works everytime after that.
thank you for all your suggestions but i think i have found the issue. I did originally try it without the if statement and still had the same issue.
the web_API ‘set url’ appears to need a variable either joined to the url text. (blank text box will not do it) or the url to be got from a variable. I copied the weather app from the video above and modified my app to match. Then slowly took off parts I didnt need till it started to fail. Removing the variable input caused the issue.
the pic below shows the code working fine
(this test php i created requires no api key or username/password)
i assume there is a bug or some restriction i am unaware of