Geolocation In Webviewer Not Working

I only see what the location data is for the Thunkable Live app

Ok, can you at least tell me IF Thunkable offers working location services in the APK at all?

Also, HOW do I go about enabling location services in my Thunkable app? Am I doing it wrong?

Add the Location component to the project and everything should work if you enable access to location detection in the installed app

You mean, like this?

Yes. I don’t understand why you decided to launch geolocation via WebViewer. Did you not know about the Location Sensor component, or are there any other reasons?

That was already done before this conversation started. It wasn’t working, which is why I came here to get help.

Are you trying to tell me that the location component doesn’t work in the Android app?

My entire app is a webviewer app. It is a WEBSITE. Not built with blocks. It’s a website, and parts of it requires geolocation.

Clear. Is your app already published on Google Play?

Yes. It works in Android Browser, but NOT in the android app.

Yes, but in the version I have released on Google play, I have removed the Store Locator feature (which needs working geolocation), because I haven’t been able to get it working.

I made an apk for such blocks and it works on Android 9. When I open the app, are asked to enable geolocation.

изображение

See, I don’t know anything about blocks, because I never thought I’d need them, since my app is a webviewer app.

I would just like to be told exactly what steps to take to get my webviewer app to detect location when installed on android.

That’s all I’m asking. When I was setting up the Webviewer, all I did was drag the Location Sensor into the Invisible Components box. Is there anything else I need to do? Alternatively, can you please get into my Thunkable X app and put the location detection blocks in for me? PLEASE?

@actech Please don’t disappear. I’ve been struggling with this for a while, but I feel like we’re close to solving this.

Can you please repeat this in my app for me? I don’t know how to do it:

изображение

Try this link and make apk

https://x.thunkable.com/projects/5ed90e7750a3cd40203c58f0/project/properties/designer

@actech

Thank you! I see a “Label” in the middle of the screen. I hope it’s not going to show in my app? I just want the location coordinates to be available throughout the app when it loads, preferably as a javascript variable that I can then access in my code?

I gave you an example for the test. Can you make an apk out of it and tell what is displayed on the screen?

Sure. Doing that now. I’ll let you know.

Generating the APK. When I install, I’ll come back here with results.

@actech It’s working!!

But the “Label” is showing:

Also, my Google Maps API feature is working now:

Thank you so much. Now, how we get rid of the Label?