Full Google Maps integration for Thunkable

Hi everyone!

I’m trying to figure out if Thunkable allows for full integration of Google Maps so that you can build a mobile app that uses Google Maps exactly the way Uber and Lyft do. Does anyone here know if this is readily doable using either just what Thunkable offers or by using a 3rd party plug-in that allows Thunkable to connect to Google Map’s API and vice versa? If anyone at team Thunkable could shed serious light on this that would me amazing.

Thank you!!

You can definitely connect to the Google Map API but… what features are you wanting to use in Thunkable? I’m not sure what you mean by “full integration.”

You’re probably very very familiar with how Uber and Lyft use Google Maps right? How you can put in where you want to go, where you are, and then you get matched with a driver, and you can see how much the ride will be, that whole process? That’s what I am referring to when I say “full integration” :smiley:

I mean, I understand how those apps work but it sounds like you’re asking for Thunkable to build in features for a ride-sharing service. Those companies are not just using “full integration” of Google Maps API. They built their own services and coded the necessary features. I don’t think it’s a simple question of a plug-in or switch they can just enable in Thunkable.

1 Like

Dude relax lol. Its not a big deal. You happen to be incorrect and its cool. I’ll simplify/clarify. It’s just about making sure that when you get matched with the other user like you would in Uber, you’d just need to see the other user like in Uber and the price of the service…like in Uber. Those aren’t separate services….you can clearly see how this is done easily using Bubble.io’s platform By the way. Those “services” you’re talking about fyi, don’t have anything to do with connecting Thunkable to Gmaps. Confident now that all this is doable in Thunkable. Sure its no biggie.

Sounds like Bubble.io might be the way to go for an app like that. But you might also consider submitting a feature request for Thunkable.

1 Like

If you connect Thunkable to Xano you can get the distance between two points from the database of Xano automatically. You can then apply your costing mechanism.