"Freezing" a column in a tabular data screen view

Hello Thunkers.
Have a good 2022, with a lot of success and happiness !
Now, regarding my issue today :relaxed:
With the help of @Thunkable_Staff and @muneer , I managed to get what I want about displaying a excel-like table, scrolling both horizontal and vertical:
screen
But as I’m always looking for a way to improve my work, I’m looking now for a way to “freeze” my first column (that will keep a name or so, and all data after that first column belongs to it), so a user can keep track about it.
Something like:
screen02
I was thinking about two DVL put together, side by side (first will keep 1st column, second will keep other columns) but each one will vertically scroll independently, so this won’t help my issue.
Maybe some of you have some ideea about how to achieve this :thinking:
Thank you for your valuable time reading this.

1 Like

In development, the rule is:
If you can imagine it, you can code it

Try this from the phone not the computer
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/61d95a7fa2a21b0011388bc3

1 Like

You’re the best :hugs: thank you…
I would say we make a good team… I imagine, and you code it :rofl:
P.S. I’ll try to change my way of thinking from using a DVL to a clone-made view, to use your example… Hope that will generate at least as fast as a DVL… (even if I’m not totally satisfied about the speed of displaying a DVL from a dynamically created table - we already discussed this on a Thunkable hours, when a @Thunkable_Staff member said to me that something is not working quite right, as expected, on that… and I still hope for a tweak)

1 Like

I’m glad I could be of help to your issue.

Indeed, you helped me a lot (I still used DVL instead of label cloning, but i started from your idea), and the result was as needed:
screen

2 Likes

This is really cool!!

2 Likes

Wow, so great and perfectly aligned.

I think you can do it with DVL but it would introduce yet another level of complication.

I’m glad it worked the way you wanted.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.