Firebase - Trying to get results

I’m sure this has been answered somewhere on these boards, but I’m having a hell of a time looking for the right answer. If anyone can either help me out, or point me in the right direction that would be great.

I am trying to draw some information from my Firebase database.

I have successfully managed to grab the titles of all of the books using this code:

Next, (and here is where I am failing brilliantly) I am trying to get the issues related to the book title that I select. I can’t even anything show up. I’m fairly certain that it has something to do with the ID, however at this point I don’t even know.

I am looking for this result: Issues> random number > issue

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I save my lists as a text string and then convert them to a list after they are called. Makes it simpler in my opinion. When saving the list I set it to make Text to list and when I call it I set it as list from text.
listTOtext

1 Like

Thank you Sam,

Can you give me a quick example of how you save and call that list?

I’ll be playing around with this for a bit in the meantime

Try that and watch what it does on the Firebase side. Then when you call it, it will convert it back to a list. (i used a listviewer for the fun of it, try it out)

Mike1

1 Like

I’m not sure your method will work for me, as I have lots of data (or will have),

I’m trying to get the issue # from the table Issues to display. I’d be happy if I could get all issue # s to display, because then I could get the info I needed.

There should be a way to do this however I’m at a loss.

So I did some digging around and I’m able to get all of the data now, but at this point I’m unsure of how to manipulate it to what I want it to do…

which returns…

What do I have to do next to make it only show the Issue # ?
Bonus, what do I need to do to show the Issue #(s) for my selected title?

OK continuing on with this experiment, I have figured out that Thunkable may not know how to handle push keys. Or if it does, I just don’t know how to make it work.

In my above DB example I have no problem accessing data from my titles table (IDs run 0,1,2 etc), however if I try to grab from my issues table then I run into problems. Does anyone have any tips with working with Push Keys?