Firebase DB to list view,

Hello,
Is is possible to display a list view from data from FireDB? Thanks. I cant seem to find anything useful in the docs.

1 Like

Welcome back, @Nihal! :wave:

Can you please show a sample of your Firebase Data to display?

Also, check this video from @darren upon How to retrieve data from Firebase -

Thanks! :blush:

@kartik14 I see some people store their data in Airtable while using Firebase for login authentication, is this a good practise?

1 Like

Hi Terry! :wave:

Since Thunkable allows us to store data in only 1 Firebase DB, Firebase does not seem good.
Because sometimes you may require multiple databases for one app, therefore storing in Firebase doesn’t look handy :neutral_face:

Now comes Airtable, which is supported by Thunkbale X with multiple Databases :smile:
It’s the best one I’ve ever used, and easy to handle.

The best :+1:

It’s good too, because Firebase is owned by Google, (so google accounts are supported) .
You just ask the user to provide his login, and ask FireBase / (indirectly google) to check credentials :wink:

So, it seems pretty good to me :blush:

1 Like

ohh ok thanks. so in OP’s question, it’s actually better to use Airtable for List View?

1 Like

Because its

1 Like

you know how when using airtable you can pull a column’s data into a listview? is this possible with firebase? thanks

1 Like

Hi, @Nihal! :wave:

I can answer you about Airtable :smile: (It’s too easy :wink: )

but I am not experienced with Firebase :confused:

btw, did you see the video completely?

of course you can! but you’ll have to save the list in CSV(comma separated value) item1,item2,item3,item4 … you can do this within a block in the list components named “make list from text”

1 Like