Extract token from JSON

Hi There, I am very new.

Could someone help me and show me the blocks required to pull just the token from this JSON please?

{"response":{"token":"a4e916e6369336635fcae5e7671506364217d2735a931da035a7"},"messages":[{"code":"0","message":"OK"}]}

So far, my attempts have either yielded “null” or [object Object]

When you post JSON text on the forums, be sure to format it using the </> button in the toolbar above the message area. That allows you to copy & paste it into Best JSON Viewer and JSON Beautifier Online without the smart quotes invaliding the JSON. I reformatted yours already.

You can get the property “response.token” from the object (the object is the green response block).

I have a tutorial that explains all of this in a video: API JSON Tutorial (Video)

Thank you. I will try to remember your advice going forward re using the </> button.

I have watched your video before posting and didn’t have any luck. I have have spent hours on this , I wouldn’t go straight to a forum without trying to work things out for myself. Unfortunately, my client is looking for a solution and has asked me to explore a number of no/low code builders and similar products in order to build a field service app. After trying other products and much research the choice has been shortlisted to Thunkable and a product called iAuditor. I am pushing for Thunkable as I have heard good things about it and I think it will offer much more flexibility going forward. However, if I cannot demonstrate a simple mvp that includes api after several hours use I fear my client will push to use iAuditor. Hence the request for someone to hopefully help me with an answer rather than the suggestion to watch a tutorial. Please take no offence to that , it is not intended in a bad way, I am simply under a tight deadline and need help rather than tuition. I do appreciate the “teach a man to fish” approach usually though and will have to become a lot more familiar if the client should choose to use Thunkable.

I’m not 100% sure what you meant by using response.token. I have just tried this and it is returning "null

Okay, put in a late night session, bit of trial and error. Here’s the blocks that gave me just the token property I was looking for - in case it is helpful to anyone else in the future.

Thank you Tatiang for your input, I wouldn’t have tried response.token if left to my own devices.

1 Like

You’re welcome. Keep in mind that if you need more help than users like me can provide or are under a deadline, you do have the option of contacting support (provided you have a Pro license or better) or hiring someone to assist you.

I’m glad you got that part working.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.