Executing and exit from a continuous loop with the same button

Hi,
i would like to start a counter pressing a button.
So I will place a while loop inside a button click that increment my counter on certain conditions.
How can I exit that loop pressing the same button. Being in a loop, it will never trigger the button pressing.
Which is the best practice for something similar?

If I understood the question correctly,you can use this code

And snap your conditions in the while loop

If you are in the “Repeat while” loop, nobody could change the stop/start condition and the button click will not be triggered no more. So you will never exit the loop

I think the solution is not to insert the while loop inside the button click event.
But I can’t figure out how to execute a routine asyncronously.
The event should start it, like a function, but don’t have to wait for it to finish to go on.

Are you describing something like a stopwatch? Where you click and it starts counting and then you click again and it stops?

Yes, it seems so :sweat_smile:

Here’s one way to do this:

Project: Thunkable

1 Like

This should work

Thank you :wink: I was already using Screen Open event But I had some doubts. about using a forever loop inside it. But If a guru like you suggest it, I will follow your suggestion :wink:

In your solution the Start/Stop and Stop variables keep their values inside the repeat until loop, So nobody could change their values and stop the repeat until loop.
If you are inside a repeat until loop or a while loop or whatever loop, no button click will be triggered.

I tried with the Break out of loop block but there was an error in thunkable

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.