Displaying a list of days of the week in the future, without returning a blank

Hello all, I’m trying to add a forecast to my water and weather app. Problem I’m having is showing future days of the week, without returning a blank.

Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 10.08.23 AM

I have a list in Airtable with Sunday – Saturday. When I check a 7-day forecast on a Thursday, it shows Friday and Saturday, then returns a blank because it doesn’t start the list over.

Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 10.09.11 AM

I tried using a current day of the week + 1 block, with a "null" and a null, then redirecting back to row id 1. Also tried checking for "day" in the text. I’m still not getting any love back, though.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong? Or suggestions I should try?

Cheers,
Dean…

if today is thursday, current day of the week is 5 - it’s fine to add +1 or +2 to current day of the week, but once you add +3, current day of week becomes 8! (but there are only seven days of the week!)

here’s the fix:

replace your

with this

this will make sure that day of week will always be 1 thru 7.

and of course do the same for day of the week + 2, etc

3 Likes

Ahhh, got it. So it treats current day of the week as an integer, not as text. I figured the +1 was just moving down the list, not doing math.

Makes perfect sense when you know how it actually works. Thank you!! @manyone

Cheers,
Dean…

2 Likes

After trying a few different permutations (and getting all Thursdays, which is today), here’s what ultimately worked. Maybe it’ll help someone else.

Thanks again, @manyone!!

Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 5.03.51 PM

3 Likes

nice fix!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.