Designing a Music Player

Glad that helped you.

The using the webviewer is working well on my phone however I have just tested it on my iPad and the sizing is wrong - It hasnā€™t scaled and so the buttons are too small. Do you have any idea on how to get around this?

1 Like

Can you send me some screenshots to help see the problem.

Whatever it is, there is always a solution.

Thatā€™s a good way of thinkingā€¦ There is always a solution.

I was able to do a bit of tweaking to get it to resize a bit better on the iPad. To be honest I really donā€™t know HOW it is working, but it seems to be a fair bit better now. My concern though is that when it is viewed on different sized devices the resizing will be buggy in some cases.

For the webviewer when I made the width 200% and placed it inside a column, it seemed to retain its dimensions on my phone, and also was big enough on the iPad.
In Advanced I turned off ScalesPageToFit
Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 12.16.59 PM.png

Iā€™m hosting the files on my personal website. Using the Wix audio player. Iā€™m not sure if thereā€™s a better way I could be hosting the files?
This is what the layout of the website looks like.

So possibly it will be fine, but would be good to hear if you have any suggestions for how I could be doing things better.

I havenā€™t really been able to get my head around MediaDB and hosting files through Firebase but I know that Iā€™ll need to figure that out sooner or later.

1 Like

Thanks again for your help.

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 12.16.59 PM.png

1 Like

In situations that I need to adjust the size of one of the component, I would read the computed height and computed width and from these two I will decide how the size of my component would be in relation to these numbers.

This way the view of your app will fit all screen sizes, if you feel it necessary.

Hi i need help with the same

1 Like

Use it and change on it to meet your needs.

Hi @sheena_g85o, welcome to Thunkable! When you post a question, make sure to include details about what you need help with, what your question is, what youā€™ve already tried (screenshots are really helpful!), and what happens when you preview your blocks.

1 Like

Hi , thank u for such a prompt reply. I want to add a slider to my music player app to control the time frame of my song. . I know you have added the webviewer in your app and then added a URL . I want to learn how to do the same but by without adding a webviewer.
I am attaching a link.
https://x.thunkable.com/projects/60797605b3785100123dfa81/f01a1633-a6ae-4a76-bbbc-f58eb458d76c/designer

Please see screen 1

1 Like

Thunkable does not have a block that can give you the duration of the music file. This is the main reason I made it through a Web Viewer.

Ok , but how did u create it through the Web Viewer.
The url that you have pasted in the Web viewer is exactly what .

1 Like

I created my own HTML files that has sound components and the Web Viewer is just opening my HTML files.

Ok now the big problem i have in front of me is i donā€™t k kw how to create the html file with the sound component

2 Likes