Date Picker does not launch when triggered

Hi,

I made a button that was supposed to trigger the date picker. The button’s text was supposed to changed to the picked date itself after being clicked, but the button is unresponsive on Live Test and the picker only appears on Thunkable Live after opening Multitasking on my phone. After that, I still need to go back to Multitasking again to confirm/cancel on the date picker. My app doesn’t lag anymore after it closes the date picker. I don’t have any other blocks using the Date Input component on that screen except for saving the age on local storage. How do I fix this? Thanks

Screenshot 2021-01-22 at 12.40.43 PM Screenshot 2021-01-22 at 12.41.41 PM

This works for me on an iPhone 11 in Thunkable Live:

Hmm, I have different results on my iPhone 7+, it gets really buggy, I can’t scroll anymore and my phone starts to warm up:

I did some backtracking and it seems that the problem is my large use of Local Storage blocks. Then I proceeded to remove all Local Storage related blocks but then, the date picker lag persisted? It was only when I removed all blocks in that screen EXCEPT the date input related blocks that the lag cleared up. Is this a bug? How do I overcome this?

Well, it turns out that a forever block was causing my app to lag, hahah! Thank you for helping me anyway :smile:

Screenshot 2021-01-24 at 12.23.46 AM

1 Like