Cloud variables path in Firebase Real-time Database

Hey all

So, does anyone know if cloud variables can only be stored in the Firebase Real-time Database’s root or if they can also be stored in a specified path (i.e. /users/abc/cloudVariableName)

Thanks
K

Screenshot_2019-05-12%20Thunkable

Hey Max

Thanks for your response. It appears that your approach does not use cloud variables as defined in the official documentation but rather create a key in the Real Time database which is not what I am referring to.

Kind regards
K

Hey,

It works great

%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5

Hey ACtech

Works but you can’t use it dynamically meaning, you can use it like “cloud 101/USERID/Age” where USERID can be anything. I mean… if something like “cloud 101/$USERID/Age” would work, that would be great. Any ideas?

K

You are right, it is impossible to do this dynamically using variables. But you can use InterBase JavaScript API.

Hello,

you can try to create a object:

1 Like

Interesting… so how did the “1BAT-D-Aniol Pa…” key name get created? Was it randomly created when creating the object? If so, is there a way to control what name it will have? Also, how would you go about creating sub-structures? If you can address the first question, I imagine it would be a matter of creating an object within an object etc.

K

This name was created from another variable (this screenshot is from a functional app I made)

Here is another example:

In Firebase:

Hope it helps!
Aniol.

3 Likes

This helped but now when I try to upload new values it overwrites the old ones too

Screenshot_2019-07-10%20Thunkable

I’m using this to store directly a list to the cluoud variable, should I use something like add at the end of a list when saving new objects in the main tag?