Cloud variables misunderstood

One way around it is to build a custom Data Viewer List in StP and then use it in your project. It will be aligned and in the format you want.

1 Like

I thought data viewer works only with airtable Google sheets or local base

1 Like

Yes, this is correct. Take the data and store it in local table to view it using the Data Viewer List.

my project is developed with DND how can I use STP? can we navigate between the two?

1 Like

You can design the Data Viewer List in StP and use it in DnD.

See this tutorial

1 Like

in a previous post I had said that I had not understood everything about objects, although I can achieve certain results on the other hand in the following case
i would like to get everything under disassembly and i can’t get it !
i get this response
{“disassembly”:[null,{“task1”:{“start”:“12:23”,“end”:“12:34”},“task2” etc…
what I don’t understand is this null between disassembly and task1

task1, task2, task3 are objects defined each one by start and end times

Is this from Firebase? Can you post a screenshot from your Firebase console? Did you make the screenshot above using a graphics editor? I’m confused… it sounds like the JSON response you got contains a null value but you think the database should have the key “team1”. If the JSON shows null for that key, then it doesn’t exist. And neither does anything below it (task 1, task 2, task 3). So I need to see the actual Firebase structure.

If you’re able to post the full JSON response as text, that would be helpful, too.

hi

yes this is from firebase and I made the mistake of not transcribing exactly the current structure of the database which looks like this

I think we should keep this merged with the existing discussion about these issues:

@jared are you able to help with that? When I’ve tried to merge topics, I’ve not had much success.

1 Like

You’ve provided two sketches of data and they conflict with each other. I would need to see a screenshot of the actual Firebase console data to be able to help you further.

And the full JSON response as text.

Because one of your sketches shows key names (e.g. team1) and one shows what could be a list (1, 2). These need to be handled differently in Thunkable.

at first I will take a few blocks so that my structure corresponds to the first example and secondly I will have to learn to manage firebase lists with thunkable

thanks for your support

An example of parsing a JSON list is if you have this data:

{ "name":"John", "age":30, "cars":["Ford", "BMW", "Fiat"] }

Then you can get the value “BMW” by referencing this property:

A bracket [ represents a list/array in JSON so you have to use List blocks in Thunkable or use brackets [ ] within a property block.

If you paste the full JSON response into Best JSON Viewer and JSON Beautifier Online, you can click Tree Viewer to see the data structure and then click on a key/property to see the path to that key at the top.

See the screen with your username in this demo project:

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/95671702d2bcdb150d3b524bcb1d1d1b

3 Likes

Hi @bibbi
I used the sample (incomplete) JSON and found that you are using nested loops. I completed the JSON text to be this way

{"disassembly":[{"task1":{"start":"12:23","end":"12:34"},"task2":{"start":"13:24","end":"13:35"},"task3":{"start":"14:25","end":"14:36"}}]}

As you can see I added more task sample data and was able to retrieve the data in both a Label and a List Viewer from these blocks

Here is a sample output

Hope this can be helpful.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.