Cloud variables don't save

Hello, I am using the new UI and have an issue with cloud variables:
When I save a cloud variable, it works fine but then a couple of days later when I want to access that cloud variable, it has reset and it equal to null even though I never set it to that. Are the cloud variables set to reset after a certain amount of time? Also, I would like to use my own FireBase account for some things I have to save. How can I do this?

1 Like

Basically what I’m asking, is how can I save a cloud variable and not have it reset because I need to access this data every time I open the app?

1 Like

you better same at airtable also so it wont delete unless you deleted by your self.

The cloud variable will be saved and will only be deleted when you delete it yourself. This needs that you supply the API key and database URL to your Firebase database in the project properties.

If you do not supply these info then your data will be temporarily saved in the public Thunkable cloud.

How are you saving the cloud variable? Can you post a screenshot of your blocks?

Obviously, you’ll want to hide any paths that could allow someone to access your data.

1 Like

Thank you. This solved my issue.

1 Like