ChatAble - A chat system

Eso ya se reportó en la beta, pero no conseguí arreglarlo :sweat:

En cuanto a lo otro, lo miro ahora

Vale, ya encontré el error
Más bien dos:

1. En cuanto a lo de la illegal string es porque el valor guardado no está soportado. E interceptando paquetes descubrí que en la columna translate el valor predeterminado es false. Tienes que cambiarlo y poner que sea 0

2. ChatAble está diseñado para funcionar en la raiz del servidor, directamente en tudominio.com, sin carpetas por el medio como ChatAble-master
    Te recomiendo que muevas los archivos a un subdominio como chat.tudominio.com y editar el APK
    Esque si no lo haces, la interfaz del chat no va a funcionar bien

Ah, y lo relacionado con el ProgressDialog es porque la extensión ExtendedWebViewer no funciona bien
En vez de pulsar END APPLICATION clica fuera de la alerta y ese diálogo desaparecerá sin cerrar la app

Hola Barreiro, voy a aplicar estos cambios este fin de semana y vuelvo aquí para reportar los resultados. Es una aplicación muy buena y será muy útil para toda la comunidad que utiliza el Thunkable. Muchas gracias por su paciencia y dedicación.

Muchas gracias :slight_smile:

Si sigues necesitando ayuda o tienes problemas, si quieres te lo puedo configurar yo directamente en el hosting

Hola Barreiros, he puesto los archivos en la raíz del servidor y he actualizado las direcciones en el .aia
En cuanto a la columna “translate”, ya está como “0” en default …
Los mensajes se envían pero no aparecen, además de aparecer error de “string” a “language”.
Como el translate y el “language” fueron alterados en la tabla “users” en su usuario?

Me puedes enviar el APK actualizado?

Claro

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3evU3RSddOSN1kybW9xbU1tQU0/view?usp=sharing

You can send messages & there aren’t any errors? Just warnings? If so use errorreporting(0). It will hide every single error, warning or even a notice.

The problem is that I create the conversation, but the messages appear empty in the chat

Hi, thanks for this wonderful app
but i don’t know how to use it so if you can post a tutorial of how to use it, we will be very grateful.
thanks again.

1 Like

Hasan, do you already have an online server running PHPmyadmin?

If you have it, copy the database structure that Barreiro made available at the beginning of the forum. But replace the “users” part with the one below.

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS users (
id int(10) NOT NULL,
username varchar(30) NOT NULL,
email varchar(50) NOT NULL,
password varchar(100) NOT NULL,
translate varchar(5) NOT NULL DEFAULT ‘0’,
language varchar(5) NOT NULL DEFAULT ‘en’,
admin enum(‘true’,‘false’) NOT NULL DEFAULT ‘false’,
blocked enum(‘true’,‘false’) NOT NULL DEFAULT ‘false’
) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=2 DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

After creating the tables, download the files at this link https://github.com/barreeeiroo/ChatAble/archive/master.zip and put the files in the root of your server.

Enter the data of your server in the dbconfig.php and config.php files.

Follow these steps and then you will enter the address of your server in the .aia file.
Contact us as soon as you can perform them.

1 Like

¿Está migrando este sistema del Chatable a Makeroid?

i have some questions.
after uploading master.zip to the root should i extract it?
what address i must enter in .aia?
thanks

The downloaded files must be in the root, extracted from the Master folder. In the .aia file, you must put the address of your server to the root folder. Example: http://yourdomain.com.

In ALERTS_PASSWD and LOCAL_PASSWD, you must put a word for each one that is the same in every block of the .aia file.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Building a chat app

Hi all, This is a pretty complex project. When I try to compile the APK I get this. Is there more I need to compile it?

Hello Sir I want to play my app in selected country how?
How to make blocks for selected country eg. USA UK Kanada etc.

Thanks for this wonderful app. I need your help, i have been trying to configure the app on my server but without success. I have uploaded the file and the database on the web and also tried to configure the db but still can find it working. Please sir, could you help me with the step by step from the web files to the aia modification so as for a learner like me to be able to set up the app?

i have done the setup sir, what next?

Unfortunately I could not finalize the project and configure it. Only Barreiro could help, it was he who set it up.