I’ve put a lot of time into this project – before Thunkable added blocks to help with all this – and had to learn a lot about chat parameters, image generator prompts, and text-to-speech.
I’m calling it Synthi for now. So what does it do? It’s a conversational chat bot and image generator with a magic prompt option.
• Chat bot: Conversational, connects ideas from previous responses; can answer questions, tell jokes, summarize long texts, write essays, create code, etc. It uses Google Cloud Text-to-Speech for natural-sounding voice responses.
(Ooh, is this ChatGPT? Nope but it’s close… it uses OpenAI’s text-davinci-003 API)
• Image generator: Enter a description of an image and it will create two never seen before images from it
(It uses DALL-E which is not as impressive as Stable Diffusion or MidJourney but this next feature helps…)
• Added Stable Diffusion image generator 1/19/23
• Magic prompt generator: You can enter a brief description such as “A stunning photo of the Eiffel tower at night with lights shining” and the app will return several enhanced prompts such as “A stunning photo of the Eiffel tower at night with lights shining on it, in the style of Caspar David stunning photo of the Eiffel tower at night with lights shining on it, award-winning.” You can choose any of those prompts to then generate additional images.
• Share images: Generated images can be exported as email or text message, or saved to photo album.
• Negative prompt: You can enter text to exclude from a generated image.
• DEMO button: You can tap the DEMO button to see a sample AI-generated image. This might be helpful for someone who doesn’t have any experience with AI image generation and just wants to see an example of how it works.
I unfortunately can’t share the project because I’m quickly reaching my quota for image generation without paying for the service. And because I’ve put a bunch of hours into it! But here is a video where I show how it works:
Text Chat & DALL-E Image Generation
Stable Diffusion & Negative Prompt
Note: this video was made with the first version of Synthi and does not include the updates posted later in this topic.