Character Creation

Hi, I want to create an app where users can customize characters. To change hair style, eye color, skin color and clothing. Is this possible on thunkable. I need a tutorial

Welcome!
While I donโ€™t know the proper blocks to create this, it is more than possible!
Possibly someone else can help, or you can find some things online.

One way to do this is to name all of your eye images eye1.png, eye2.png, eye3.png, etc.

Have a button (or two buttons) that change app variable eyeNum to the next number (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) and set the imageโ€™s background picture to [join] โ€œeyeโ€ + app variable eyeNum.

Need help on the forums? Make sure to read this: How to ask Great Questions v2.0

Want to hire a Certified Thunkable Expert? Tatian G | Profile | Fiverr

1 Like

Please can you make a tutorial video for me on this?

I can certainly do that. We can arrange details over private messages here or on Fiverr. It takes about an hour to make a tutorial video, edit it, and share it with you.

What are the details

If youโ€™re wanting to hire me to make a tutorial video, weโ€™d have to work out pricing, etc. If not, and youโ€™re just asking for help, I may be able to make a simple demo for you but it wouldnโ€™t be a video because again, that takes some time.

A simple demo would go a long way. Especially one that shows the basics of how to put an avatar creation app together

Hereโ€™s the basic idea:

Project link: Thunkable

Do you have to use images with transparent backgrounds?
Like for the eye image, hair style image, etc

Probably. You havenโ€™t really provided many details so itโ€™s hard to answer that.

VID_20240502_153628.mp4
I attached a video to try and explain what I have in mind for this app.
On the home page will be images of different avatars.
The user opens the app and selects an image of their choice.
Each image is uploaded by an artist
And for each of these images different hairstyles, skin colour and clothing have been premade.
When a user selects an image, they would be able to modify these characteristics.
So in summary the app gives room for an admin to be able to upload new avatars with different hairstyles, skin color and clothing

Youโ€™ll need to make that file publicly accessible.

You can view it now

1 Like

Yes, the images would need to have transparent backgrounds. I havenโ€™t made anything with that many overlapping images but I think you can do it by setting each imageโ€™s x/y positions in the properties panel.

Hopefully my demo above gives you an idea about how to proceed. There are many steps involved in creating what you want but I would focus on modifying the demo to work the way you want it. Then try a second body part and set that up to change as well. See how that looks. If you get stuck, post a screenshot of your blocks or a link to your project and someone may be able to help you.

ยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยทยท
Need help? How to Ask Great Questions :sparkles: Debugging A Project :sparkles: API JSON Tutorial

Want to hire a Certified Thunkable Expert? Elevate your app with Tatiang on Fiverr

I want to understand blocks more. Please can you send me blocks with overlapping image functions.

I donโ€™t have blocks for that. I would need to create a project to demonstrate that. I know how to layer components using a โ€œzโ€ value in the older snap to place interface but with the new drag and drop interface, Iโ€™d have to think about how to do that. I think it would be really hard to work with overlapping images in that interface. But maybe not!

How can I group multiple overlapping images so that it can be downloaded as a single image to a device

I have no idea! Iโ€™ve never heard that question before. Users would typically have to take a screenshot on the device which involves the device hardware, not Thunkable. There might be a way to take a screenshot with Javascriptโ€ฆ

I want to make a button that can be clicked multiple times to change one image to different images