Changing individual marker colour?

Hi all,

I’m using a map with multiple markers on. These markers are being called from a google sheet database. After someone presses one of the markers i would like it to change colour to show it has been pressed.

So far I have been able to change all the markers colour on press, but am struggling to just change to one. Does anyone know anyway around this problem??

Thank you :slight_smile:

Screenshot 2024-05-06 150504

I have previously declared pinColour as a variable and upon button press changed it to the desired colour, however this changes all the markers colour.

Without creating multiple separate markers each with it’s own variable, is there a smart way to change pinColour of an individual marker using a block setup as seen above??

Thank you

Hi @nuuzonessqnzvv, thanks for your patience. You could always use the random color block to change the color of the pin for each item in your list.
Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 10.35.59 AM

Hi @matt_conroy

Ok pretty sure this is something Thunkable can not do.

Do you know if you can call stored colours from a database like the lat & long coordinates in the example?

So if a certain marker was clicked, then it could change the stored colour value in the database?

The pin color does accept hex values so you could store those in the cloud and then call the variable for the variable.
Screenshot 2024-05-17 at 12.07.07 PM

Not a bad shout. I need to work locally as the app may be used in low mobile service area so cloud variables wouldn’t work.

But will keep trying ideas

1 Like