Best way to pull data into Simple List viewer

Hi,

I have a table in Xano called Retailer (fields - Name and Id) and am using an API to pull the data and display in a Simple List Viewer sorted by name.

Once a name is selected, I want to search another table (fields - id, location_name, retailer_id) for the locations of the retailer. The way I prefer to search this table is by the retailer_id rather than by name, but the only information that the Simple List viewer holds is the name and the index (and the index does not necessarily match the retailer_id).

Is there any way to substitute a variable for the index in the Simple List Viewer?

Thanks
Steve

Anyone??

There is no automated way to do this. You’ll need to search the second table for the value from the green [item] block from the Simple List Viewer click event. You can use the [find first occurrence] of block to figure out which row it is found in and then use that value (integer) as the row id to get the other values from that same row.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.