Are there any phone call options in Thunkable Cross Platform

Are there any phone call options in Thunkable Cross Platform . I created an Android app using MIT Appinventor to make phone calls. Is there similar component in Thunkable X

2 Likes

Yes phone call option have on the thunkable

1 Like

Thanks for quick response. I will read up on the documentation and let you know outcome.

1 Like

Where is the phone call option for the cross platform Thunkable?
Thank you.

1 Like

You can set the value DataDetectorTypes for TextInput to create references to the detected phone numbers in them or use the first block below.

Instead of WebViewer, you can use the “open link” block.

1 Like

how can I use the sequence described by @actech to make a phone call to a specific number by pressing a button?
I need it to work on iOS and yes on Android

thanks for the tricks

Instead of the “data” block, use a text block with the phone number entered into it.

1 Like

how in the picture?

so nothing happens when the button is pressed…

nothing else like that … do I have to add anything else? can you give me a working example? Thanks for your patience

1 Like

All methods work on iOS, only a few on Android.

https://x.thunkable.com/projects/5bfc14521159fc40ffdb3cff/project/properties/designer/

1 Like

We are working on adding a block specifically for making calls, but in the meantime the following should work on iOS and Android:

55%20AM

You can find that 'open link' block in the ‘Control’ blocks (at the end).

-Mark

3 Likes

Thank you guys!!
waiting for the specific block I try immediately with your solution @Mark

great @mark !!! on android it works, it does not start the call directly as does the Thunkable Classic block, but for me it is enough. tonight I also try IOS then I’ll let you know
Thank you again

PS Sorry for my English, I know little and I rely on Google Translator

1 Like

@mark … WORKS also on IOS !!! replacing the “tel:” block with “mailto:” the system (Android and IOS) also starts the mail procedure correctly.
Thanks again

Blocchi

Hey , @Mark the block that you mentioned is available only in thunkable X, what shall I do for thunkable classic user. The phone call component of Thunkable classic is not working

Mrinmoy,

You should be able to use the Activity Starter component in Thunkable Classic (see here for the documentation). Just set the Action property to “android.intent.action.VIEW” and the Data Uri property to “tel:9999999” (replacing the nines by the number you actually want to call).

-Mark

3 Likes

Be careful. If you want tio publish you app on Playstore and it has an SMS or phone component, you need to have a valid reason, as it is manually checked, and most are rejected.

I don’t think that warning is necessary in this case, since Mrinmoy would not be using the phone component.

-Mark

2 Likes

Thanks @Mark it really helped and my problem is solved now

1 Like

this is how to open google maps navigator in the iphone

I use database and listview item click event.
the gps address is for example
18.4524817 -69.68344045

You need to use the link:

`https://www.google.com/maps/@18.4524817,-69.6834405,13z

google maps api - https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/urls/guide

1 Like