All screens are loaded twice

Only the first screen has refreshed itself twice in the past.
I’m sure there is only one “opens block” on each screen.
I am getting this error although I changed nothing.
Only pictorial buttons are loaded twice. I wonder if there is an explanation for this

1 Like

maybe thats a issue and can you share your blocks it will help understand

There’s a known issue with the “When Screen Opens” and “When Screen Starts” blocks… they fire twice instead of once.

To see if this is the cause, replace those events with a button event. If it only fires once then you know the cause is this bug.

3 Likes

The short video is not very clear and I believe the flickering is from the fact that when you first comeback to the screen it will show what is actually in it and then the open event fires which refresh the the images causing the flickering effect.

One way of testing is placing a sound component in the open even so you can judge if it is fired once or more.

Just a though.

1 Like

There are no “open blocks” on the first screen but still gives this error.
I wonder if there is a plan for a solution to this?

Since this error occurs every time the screen is turned on, the same error occurs when it comes back.

1 Like

I’ve noticed same behavior. It seems to only redraw the buttons, not all the components. It happens whether or not I remove the Open and Start blocks.

1 Like

yes, and this only happens on buttons with images.
I wonder if there will be a solution.
I think it should be resolved as soon as possible.

I figured out what the problem is. It’s when you use “contain”, “stretch”, or “center” for the background picture size.

I’ll report it.

1 Like

Reported

I agree. It does not look like the same issue we have already reported with the app’s first screen loading twice upon start.

1 Like

Yes I tried it too.
This error will not occur if we do not select the size of the background image.
I hope they fix this as soon as possible.

1 Like

Herhangi bir gelişme? @athornock @domhnallohanlon

Just acknowledging this post in the community @emregoker since we are currently following up via email in relation to this.

Thanks.

1 Like

Any improvement? @athornock @domhnallohanlon

1 Like

No one has commented on my git issue. @domhnallohanlon when you mentioned they are following up with email who are they following up with?

1 Like

@domhnallohanlon talked to me.
but days passed, no solution !!

2 Likes

Yeah, it has been almost 6 months since my last app update because of this and the iOS status bar issue. I am sure they are working on fixing both issues but waiting for this long is inexcusable.

We just released some improvements. Can someone download your Android app and try it out? FYI, the Thunkable live apps are not updated yet and iOS download app is pending to release.

Thanks,
Wei

3 Likes

@wei it looks much better. I compiled my main app for Android and I am not getting the issue anymore. I will keep testing but whatever you did seems to have fixed it. Stay tuned for more updates.

P.S. I tried to export my app for iOS and got an “Cannot read property ‘projectassettoken’ of null” error. I will post this in the related thread plus another issue I noticed with my compiled Android app.

3 Likes