Adding saved screens in the new UI

Hey Thunkers!
Any idea how to add a screen that has been ‘Saved to my screens’ to a project in the new UI? I am not able to. I did a lot of work in the old UI, and then realized I needed to switch to the new one. I saved my screen to my screens, and now am notable to add this to my new UI project. How can I do this?
Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m inclined to believe that you cannot port old UI screens to new UI.

I remember, I read somewhere from Thunkable staff (@domhnallohanlon, I think) post that a porting / migration tool being worked on

1 Like

You can add them, but things get weird…

2 Likes

Thanks. What do you mean by weird exactly?

1 Like

The designer visually jumps around bit when you mix drag/drop and row/column screens together. I also had some issues with navigators with mixed projects not displaying correctly. After that, I stopped using it.

And based on some comments I traded with Thunkable Staff on GitHub (Realtime DB Listener not updating text input , but does play sounds. · Issue #777 · thunkable/thunkable-issues · GitHub) I don’t think the Thunkable team anticipated Thunkers mixing and matching. So I a little concern that mixing project might be buggier than usual.

4 Likes

Oh ok. This screen that I wanted to add had no alignment components. Do you think if would still respond unusually? Thanks!

1 Like

You can definitely try it @codeswept - but I wouldn’t expect it to work reliably.

As @drted mentions above, our intention was that Drag and Drop screens only work in the new UI and that Snap to Position screens only work in the legacy UI.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info!