Add a focus iframe, web bridge and text input block

Hello everyone,
I’d like to request a future where we can request focus on a iframe or text input.

Basically for the input it just focuses on the input so the user can start typing without having to click the input component.

For the iframe and web bridge it is practically the same using this block we can request focus onto them so we can use JS code that requires focus on the body inside of the iframe.

Basically it calls focus to the iframe/web bridge so that we for example can call a copy to clipboard function, this function right now requires that the user has clicked the iframe and has focus on it.

Having a block inside of thunkable wich will let us do this automatically allows us to make hidden components that we can interact with.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello @sketch
Thank you for creating this post
By iframe, do you mean web viewer component?

At the moment is possible to enable auto focus on Text input components.

Hello @ioannis.

Yes by iframe I do mean the webviewer component, was referencing it as a html element sorry :sweat_smile:.

I know that but for this case I need to control when the text input gets focussed.

Hi @sketch
Thank you for clarifying that

Have you tried controlling the focus by making the text input visible and invisible?

1 Like

Hi @ioannis thanks for your suggestion however I need to control, that when the input becomes visible the user can select to have auto focus or not.
Using this block allows me to do that without needing multiple inputs