2 languages in the app

Hey guys , i have 12 screens and lots of labels , buttons on my screens , You guys have any idea about my design ?

1 Like

are you looking for design ideas or someone to give you pointers?

I would check out dribbles and figma examples of apps onliine.

Then, if any other app even remotely similar to yours in function is already on the stores, check those out for inspiration too. If Microsoft can do it to Notion, you can too!

Make it the same but better and call it something else! Design the crap outta it!

1 Like

i am actually looking for both , the thing is i dont want to adjust my 12 screens ,
I asked if someone could enlighten me.

You should show me the design of your app so I can enlighten it a bit if you don’t mind.

Thunkable here it is (its turkish)

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll take a look at it.

1 Like

So maybe you should make the buttons smaller, because for me, it’s quite big. Maybe you should also add some images related to your app. And if you would really like to, you can add background color too. That’s pretty much all I got. But your app it amazing so far(even though I can’t understand Turkish)!

1 Like

Don’t forget to take inspiration from other people’s apps.

sir thanks for the feedback , i will design at last . Thank you

1 Like

I’m happy to help. Ask me any more questions if you have.

@manyone help please , im drowning :smiley:

i can see it’s some kind of self therapy app and i assume all data you need is self contained inside the app. where does the 2nd language come in - do you want that as a feature? such that by selecting a language in a list, everything in the app, buttons, labels, name, etc are translated to that new language? it can be done with a lot of work. what exactly is your question?

1 Like

its true self therapy add , and yes there are 4 lists that can user choose from and if user wants he can write it down aswell .

True

True

define a string, say sd, as all the literals of all all screens, delimited by, say $. make 1 for each language. for example, for english
sd=“Scr1 Title$Start$Settings$Scr 2 Title$Go$Show List$Back…”
the idea is at the very start (at scr1 on_start), you would set s=makelist from sd using delimiter $. s[1] will be your screen title, s[2] will be “Start”,. etc., s[37] may be scr 7’s 2nd button’s text.
on_start of Scr1, you would set scr1.title to s[1], set start_button.text to s[2]…
load this string sd into lang_sd[1] (first entry of array)

for Turkish, use parallel values., load sd=“Ekran 1 Baslik$Beslat$Ayarlar$Ekran 2 Baslik$Git$…” and copy this to lang_sd[2] (2nd entry of array), do the same for any other language you want to add.

you need a stored variable lang_idx that points to 1=english, 2=turkish, 3=spanish, etc. such that it is initialized per desired language.

i hope this makes sense.

2 Likes

lots of

1 Like

See this example
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/60a013d7aed6ad0012a487bf

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.