Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 12.35.38 PM

@athornock
try use an actual text block
Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 12.35.16 PM

like this
Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 12.35.48 PM

does that make a difference?

2 Likes

That seems to work. I’ll update you if it changes.

1 Like

Another thing is I notice my webview videos no longer rotate when full screen is selected. I was getting the correct behavior before.

I still have the problems described above! Are you working on resolving them?

Nope, it still deletes the space. It’s random though, it’s not right away. It’s just at some random time when it re-compiles the code.

Having the same problem with single spaces being deleted in text blocks, very annoying. Have opened a new issue on Github.

3 Likes

Hopefully this is fixed soon because the update should make it faster not slower :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I would generally recommend to always replace the faded boxes with real ones to avoid issues. I think those faded boxes actually only exist to prevent failures of the code caused by missing content but maybe Thunkable can clarify this.

Best, Chris

@jane wouldn’t it be a good idea to implement a beta version again? So people can try the new features & changes and give their feedback but there would still be a stable and publicly tested version out.

I also really wish for a backup&restore solution :speak_no_evil:

Best, Chris

1 Like

Try deleting any unused blocks or screens that are not being used I was encountering issue where anytime I would move block or anything the site would refresh if you facing with this issue follow my solution it worked for me twice

Hello,
In my case it is crashing, over and over, equal waht I try to do on the Blocks area…
crash

1 Like

@jane
When making the program that you tried to help me with the other day, I experienced the same issue where it works for a few minutes, then breaks again. The only difference i seem to notice is that it has nothing to do with spaces. Here is my snippet of code that works for a few minutes, then breaks.

Also, my variables did the same convert to 32 character code, but i just renamed the initialize, and it went back to normal on those. But also when right clicking on the set variable block where it gives the option to create a get block, it shows the 32 character code as what it makes a block for, which might give some insight to the fact that maybe it is incorrectly named while still showing the custom made name.

Sorry that I make a new post for this. I already have made one but there have been no replys, so I make this new one here and the Thunkable people can merge them when they see this.
My thunkable program after the update(I think) will not save the block not if I just move a block. See the video. That meen that all my work have been stopped for some days now.
I hope you can help me or maybe get me back on the old version.
Beside this saving issue, sometimes the live test cracks also.
Video of the “crack”

1 Like

I understand that this is really an annoying problem. I also had several problems lately that prevent me from continuing my work while I still pay for Thunkable Pro :confused: I hope the team can fix this soon. For a workaround until it is fixed try to wait a second or two before you continue making changes or leaving the page. I hope that helps!

Best, Chris

1 Like

Thanks Chris. I will try that…

The same problem i had!

Had!!.. Have you solved it???

Hiya

I was having real problems until I opened Thunkable on Google Chrome instead of Internet Explorer - just in case that’s your issue?

I have always used google chrome. So dont think thats’s the problem. If it is please someone tell me what to do…

@Chris’s suggestion to wait before navigating to the design screen or another block screen is solid :mechanical_arm:

Try moving around slower when editing blocks. Dont delete blocks until you are finished editing, instead move them off to the side. When you are ready to delet, try to put them into 1 function and delete them all with 1 click. otherwise. take at least 5 seconds between deleting any blocks.

Please try this and report back! I hope it helps.
@dorissey @funhall @fashinski

2 Likes