[Solved] Is there some reason why my blocks might start to lag?

You can place these blocks on the initialization screen, which should consist only of these blocks. I think that the problem may be related to the fact that these blocks are visible throughout the entire application and when changing any screen, it need to check references to these variables on all screens.

Would the best fix for Thunkable X be that after i amount of blocks are placed, have a manual compiler. So it isn’t compiling every time there is a change. Or would this not fix the issue.

I have never heard of such a method.

What I mean, is that they could implement it…

So it is not a feature, but should be. Do you get me?

I think it is difficult to do. I don’t know how the Thunkable engine works, but I think that its work is based on tracking and compiling every change. If you use a manual compiler, then this will require the implementation of client code in the browser. Otherwise, how will you track changes to undo them. And since the platform code is closed, all changes go through the server.

1 Like

hmm, I see what you mean now. It would mean almost re developing the entire engine. So in short, there is no easy fix.

So the lag will remain for quite some time.

Mark said that they seem to know the cause of the slow working. It remains to wait when they can improve it.

2 Likes

Please just to make it clear, when I mean by been slow, I meant when you try to drag blocks around, it hung for few seconds before responding. When I go to another screen with fewer blocks, response is much better than screen with lots of blocks

1 Like

Yes, I am talking about it. Move all the initialization blocks to a separate blank screen and you will immediately see that dragging blocks on screens where these blocks do not exist has accelerated.

2 Likes

Please don’t do this. This is not a supported feature and may go away at any time. At some point we will treat those parameters as local variables and make sure that they are only used within their proper scope.

-Mark

3 Likes

Please try not to hijack this thread about the ‘Any/Generic’ blocks and make it about the slowness of the blocks editor :wink: I believe that we have other threads about that topic already, although you are free to start another one and I might comment there in some more detail.

-Mark

Apologies.

It is now!

-Mark

1 Like

My App has a serious problem, When I open a screen that has more than 2000 blocks, the app will run much slower then other screen.

I want to know why will happen this . Is my screen has too much blocks? or other reason.

PS. I have 9 screens . But other screen Will not so slow.

Beware. Use as few screens as possible.

Do you really need more than 2000 blocks? Try to reduce the blocks as much as possible.
Nico

Yes. I have reduce the blocks before . But it is still slow. Do you think to make more screen to reduce the blocks in this screen is a good idea ?

No.
Please send us the aia file.

Nico

LuoBo_Chat.aia (2.5 MB)
thank you for your help