[Solved] Is there some reason why my blocks might start to lag?

every simple drag is causing 10 sec lag with warning from firefox.

Just sent you a PM - check your inbox.

ok thanks wait

have sent. kindly check

link sent. do check

This is based on my observation.

1. Ideally there is no limit for the number of blocks
  2. The more powerful your PC the higher the number of blocks it can handle.
  3. You will reach a certain number of blocks where your PC gets laggy and to the point that it will get a compiling error.

I tested it using my computers.

1. Quadcore computer can handle up to 1,500 blocks
  2. Core i5 computer can handle up to 4,000 blocks
  3. Core i7 computer can handle more than 4,000 blocks.

I agree with you, with one or two exceptions

• quality of the router
  • internet speed

100MB doesnā€™t really tell me how fast you communicate with the server

P.S. on the other hand this is about Thunkable X and I donā€™t have much experience with it

/Boban

The best remedy is for you to know the limit of your computer and internet. If it can handle up to 2,000 then find a way to reduce the number of blocks by replacing redundant operation with ā€œproceduresā€.

1 Like

Thanks for answering. I sent my project to the developers. even they faced the issue.
which means that the processor/speed has not much say in the Lag.
I have been advised to use multiple screens and get the blocks divided into them.

1 Like

Just in the interests of clarity here, @ANAND_VELANDY was using rows and columns instead of screens, resulting in every component being on one screen.

While this pattern was acceptable in App Inventor or in Classic because of the limit of 10 screens, Thunkable X has no such limit so screens should be used in place of layouts.

2 Likes

Hello

If my project is slow during coding, 700 blocks in the screen, does that mean app will be slow after building the APK ?

No, the APK or IPA will not be affected. There was an issue with Android being slow after compiling but that has since been marked as fixed.

Developers are working on fixing the slow platform, there are many topics already related to what you are asking, you can search for them in the top right of your screen.

This post will most likely get merged into another by staff (heads up).

(edit)

Link to all posts about slow platform.

http://community.thunkable.com/search?q=slow%20platform

3 Likes

Its its working very slow while working on blocks every action required time to work so its time lagging so its wasting much time while working on blocks also consuming time for making app. So please make system smooth working.

Only from today on or from all the time ? I has this issus also now

Its issue is from starting but from last weeks its becomes too sluggish and slow its making disappointment during working and and we have to wait form some seconds to response every action.
I also try to work on others browser also its not working well. In firefox browser its showing warning every time that this webpage making browser slow please wait or leave the site

Hi @danyklein,

This is a known issue and as discussed elsewhere we are constantly working on updating the platform and improving overall performance.

I notice that you havenā€™t participated in this thread recently, can you please follow the advice given here and let us know whether or now that make any difference for you?

Thanks in advance for the update.

1 Like

mama mia, thanks for the trick. Apart from missing features, the main big challenge with Thunkable is performance. I struggle to make changes with less than 400 blocks and its still very slow

1 Like

Yeah, I read on a topic here somewhere that it is to do with some third party compiler, and to do with initialise variable blocks.

So its quite a big issue, with no simple fix. I donā€™t see the lag issue being fixed for a long time. But i could be surprised.

Try using this trick - create a separate screen and move all initialization blocks onto it. Then your screens will be empty of these blocks and will work faster. You can also use the Yandex browser, which is faster for me than Chrome and Firefox.

1 Like

So I take all my initialized blocks would have be in the loading screen since they need to execute first?

But why would the initialized blocks cause the slowness since i just have less than 10 of them?