šŸŽØ WDC #8 Can you re-create Victoria's Quote Gallery using Google Sheets?

That @tatiang!

Love it @catsarisky :joy: this is great - love the black and white colour schemes and the ornamentation (fleuron) gives it a bit of extra elegance!

Oh wow this is amazing - great features (and great recommendations!) Thanks for the great entry @codeswept

2 Likes

I decided that what we needed was a mash-up of WDC #7 and #8. Soā€¦ I present WDC #7.5: Thunkable

It could use some work in the style department, but the code behind it works. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you!

This is absolutely amazing @catsarisky ! A great idea, and I love the UI! #WDC7.5(do you have a name for it?) is truly an awesome mix of both the WDCs. I just loved it!

1 Like

Aw, thanks. ā€œSays who?ā€ is my working title. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks great, @codeswept ! Your app reminds me that I really need to figure out custom data viewers. Every time Iā€™ve tried to make one, most of the formatting Iā€™ve done has seemed to disappearā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thanks!

Custom data viewers are really easy to make, thoughā€¦ In fact, my favorite component in Thunkable is the DVL.

Iā€™ve updated my original post to include Screenshots, What Iā€™m working on, Features, LKnown Bugs, and Notes.

nice cool

3 Likes

Thanks!

Ok - I could actually spend all week on this but have to stop myself at some stage (if anyone else is working on an app please submit yours too, weā€™d really like to see what you have so far)

Iā€™ve got categories, quote of the day, something resembling a colour scheme (but no uploading!)

Hereā€™s the project page to try it out an remix if for yourself.

https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/606088035466090012f4c8bb

3 Likes

Great one @domhnallohanlon ! I like the UI and the QUOTE OF THE DAY ideaā€¦ But the categories row doesnā€™t scroll on the web(I viewed it on my laptop). Otherwise, itā€™s an amazing app!

1 Like

oops - I shouldā€™ve flagged that as a ā€œknown bugā€ - thanks @codeswept it actually doesnā€™t scroll at all (on any platform), but I can resize the buttons and fix that pretty quickly.

Iā€™ve done a very short write-up on my thoughts and experiences building this app, not everything went to plan, I didnā€™t get quite as much done as I would have liked to, and the whole thing was almost entirely derailed by feature creep but all-in-all it was actually great fun and I would recommend that anyone have a go at the #wdc in the future!

2 Likes

Posted a summary over on Twitter of how the challenge went and to get the word out about #wdc
9 kicking off tomorrow - any and all likes/RTs etc are greatly appreciated!

https://twitter.com/domhnallohanlon/status/1377672440982175749?s=20

No worries if youā€™re not on Twitter though - you can always vote in our Weekend Design Challenge poll over here:

:+1:

2 Likes

hi @domhnallohanlon i really appreciate what have you done in the project
this was a really nice app
some or the other point i shall not focus about ui too much but it can be improved a bit tho
waiting for next challenge thoā€¦
i also had an idea like
random qoutes
i will try to make it once and showcase it on the community

Thanks for the kind words!

Yeah, thereā€™s always room for improvement - happy to hear any feedback if you have suggestions!

Thatā€™s a good idea!