🎨 WDC #8 Can you re-create Victoria's Quote Gallery using Google Sheets?

I’m done with mine after a lot of struggle and help from @tatiang…
It’s a Book Suggestion App.
Here’s the link:
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/605ec6dc78c5f90011f2b56a
WHAT THIS APP DOES
This app, Bookestions(still not sure about the name), is a app to let people from all around the globe recommend books, along with the author, rating and username of the recommender. This is perfect for bookworms(like me) who are always on the lookout for new books to add to their library.

FEATURES

1: THE STAR FUNCTION: This is essentially a ‘bookmark’ feature, which allows users to view that book later in ‘Settings’.

2: LATEST BOOKS: For people who don’t want to surf through all the books, Latest Books displayed the 10 latest additions to the app.

3: FILTER BY CATEGORY: You can filter books by 5 categories- Fiction, Non-fiction, Children, Drama, and Poetry.

4: VIEW STARRED BOOKS: This feature allows users to view their starred/bookmarked books.

5: ADD BOOKS: This feature allows users to recommend books they love, along with author name, rating, and their own username.

NOTES

I’ve made this app in an unorthodox way. For starters, I’ve used a top tab navigator inside a top tab navigator. But I’m happy with the result.
There are a lot of bugs, and the app is pretty slow with bad UI, too.

KNOWN BUGS

1: Latest Books takes a lot of time to load.
2: All the category-filter screens take a lot of time to load, too.
3: The settings screen doesn’t automatically update your starred books.
4: You can’t un-star a book.

There are a lot more, but I did what I could in 2 days… Of course, I’ll be regularly updating the apps.

WHAT I’M WORKING ON/WOULD LIKE TO WORK ON

1: Analyzing the user’s book preferences to display books the user will like.

2: I’m working on improving the UI(it’s currently terrible).

3: Using DialogFlow and the Assistant component to interact with the user and carry out voice-controlled recommendations.

SCREENSHOTS

All Books: This is the screen where the users can view every single book uploaded in the app.

Categories: Here, users can filter books by their category.

Latest Books: This is the screen in which users can view the 10 most recent additions to the app.

Settings: The screen in which users can view their starred books and change their username.

Add: In this screen, users can enter information about the book to recommend it in the app.

4 Likes