šŸŽØ WDC #13 Create an app to showcase a place or culture you care about

Iā€™m looking forward to seeing your revision! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like how you provide the player a summary of their actions.

3 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™m done with my revision, I think it should work using the same link. Of course, the map component will not work on the web, so itā€™s better if you test it on your mobile/tab. Iā€™ve also added images, and deleted the itinerary display. If there are any more features that youā€™d like to see, please let me know! Also, Iā€™d love to know your end-of-the-game conditionsšŸ˜Š

1 Like

The map is a great addition. But when I start the app and tap Play, it shows me Kochi and a map but thereā€™s nothing (obvious) to tap to move on. The die shows up for a brief second and then disappears.

Edit: Sorry! Didnā€™t realize I had to scroll down.

2 Likes

I had to make it scrollable because the map needed to be a good size.

1 Like

Makes sense. You might want to put a down arrow next to the map or at the bottom of the screen to indicate thereā€™s more to see.

Also, I noticed that the image and map donā€™t update if I keep clicking the die (which is what I thought I was supposed to do). Itā€™s a better experience if I wait but you could also code that in so that the die is only active after a second or so.

2 Likes

I never thought of that! The map and image update when your city changes. You might have noticed that when you moved from Kochi to Bangalore.

1 Like

@codeswept Here are screenshots of the trip details (and thanks for demonstrating how to use the [details] [/details] code in Discourse!):

(click arrow to expand)

2 Likes

Wow! I ended each game with around 15000, but youā€™re at 24535!

1 Like

I guess I got lucky!

2 Likes

I canā€™t get enough of your app @catsarisky! It is so much fun, and the disabled buttons before clicked monuments add an element of nervousness to the gamešŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Iā€™m so glad you like it! Iā€™ve been thinking I should polish it up the rest of the way and publish it. :slight_smile: Iā€™m enjoying playing it, too!

4 Likes

Once you do publish it(and you should), Iā€™m going to recommend it to all my friends!

4 Likes

noice it great
btw @codeswept made an really nice looking ui and good ux

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Everyoneā€™s apps were amazing! Great job! The UX and UI rocked for everyone.

P.S.
when will the wdc 14 plant nanny come out?

5 Likes

I finally got the ā€œplay againā€ button set up. If you notice anything glitchy, please let me know? thunkablecompanion

Next up: Travel insurance! (Because sometimes, you just donā€™t WANT to choose a trip.) And maybe some pictures for the tutorial.

4 Likes

Ooh, I love it even more!

2 Likes

Just a question: how did you get the tutorial column overlay?
Also, some feedback: Iā€™ve played this game a lot of times and by now know how to play. You should probably use a stored variable to check whether the instructions have been displayed before, and display them accordingly. But you can keep an instructions button incase people forget how to play. Iā€™m suggesting this because everything I opened the app, I had to go through the tutorial and there was no way to exit it.

1 Like

Click the poodle. :). But youā€™re right - I could not display them and offer a help button instead.

The instructions are in a column with absolute position and a high Z. That allows the big cloning mess to happen while youā€™re reading. :slight_smile:

4 Likes