🎨 WDC #13 Create an app to showcase a place or culture you care about

the best idea i could come up with was an app to track places visited and after toying with the idea i realized i was building a bucket list tracker in the guise of a tourist app. so i said, why not make it generic so it could track places visited AND any other list to keep track of.

i’m embarassed to submit it as an entry because it is so simple and it has only these 4 functions:

the datasource is one google sheet workbook but constructed to allow any number of lists to track.
the first screen shows the available lists being tracked - currently it shows two places_to_visit trackers but it could have been showing addional lists of books to read, foods to taste, etc. by simply editing the google sheet. the 2nd list shows the items that belong in the tracker list selected. clicking on an entry leads to screen 3 - for updating an item as having been DONE (it also serves as a toggle for un-doing what has been marked DONE before).

here’s the link to the project.
https://x.thunkable.com/copy/f74a8a4fcec766468f5749de5864b894

it requires a google sheet (with name of buckmast ) and here’s a public link to my version.

So next time you’re visiting Toragbat or Corhum, make sure you have this app with you!

8 Likes