Update data source with items from firebase

Instead of “generate…” block use “get properties of object” block.

Is it that simple??
What should I put in the “property name” block?

I*ve tried “Items” and userID, but it still gives me “null”

Thanks

ok, I got one specific property to show :+1: But I want ALL properties to show, in vertical row…hm…any tips?

1 Like

Use this one to show all properties in a form of a list

Thanks, I actually had a look at this but I didn’t (don’t) understand how to use it. I can’t use it instead of the “Get property of object”- block, It won’t “fit”. I can put it as a property, but how will I finish this code? What should I put on the other side (right)? The docs for this plock is very limited in showing what you can do with it, and how.

I’ve tried to put a string in there, and different list-blocks, but it is greyed-out and wont “klick”.

1 Like

That block returns a list.

1 Like

Add a List Viewer to your screen and use this block to be the source of your list.

Does this looks right to you?

1 Like

No.

You don’t need “get property of object”. Remove it.

It should be [List_Viewer1’s text items to [get object properties of] [value]]

This worked (kind of)
Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 12.55.53

The only thing is that it gives me the “userIDs”, not the items.

1 Like

Because you removed “user id” from the get block.

Use this to return what’s underneath it
IMG_20210414_135942

1 Like

Exactly, I saw that…

Now it works. I can see all the items in there. You earn a BIG medal! And a huge THANKS!! :pray::trophy: Without you I wouldn’t fix this (At this early state that I am at). There is not much documentation about these kind of things (not what I could find at least), so I really hope this thread could be to use for other newbies out there! And Muneer, Big thanks! :blush:

(Now it’s just a matter of shaping up the layout a bit :blush:

5 Likes

Glad that it worked for you.

1 Like