Teachable Machine + Web API

Please share the tutorial! I need it because I’m kind of clueless about tensorflow and I need to incorporate this into my thunkable app fast! Please share the tutorial!!!

And I understand this conversation was around a year ago, but please, I need help!

To everyone who’s been waiting on a response… this is it!!! I made into a 3 part tutorial. It took way longer than I thought but here its :smiley:

You can follow part 1 here → Design and train your Machine Learning Model with Teachable Machine — Thunkable Tutorial | by Sofía Galán | Apr, 2021 | Medium

If you have any feedback, let me know! :slight_smile:

Sofia

3 Likes

OH MY GOSH!!! I HAVE TO SAY THANK YOU SO MUCCHHHH!!! I’LL LOOK INTO IT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS!!

P.s. thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for your reply; normally people don’t reply but THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

1 Like

B.T.W, you were right about the beginner thing in your document. I sincerely don’t mean to bother you (EXTREMELY SORRY ABOUT THIS) but I’m an 11 year old :sweat_smile:(surprise!) so it’s a BIITT hard to wrap my head around these things… I hate to ask this from you, but do you mind making a video tutorial, or simply explaining the hard parts in these comments? I AM SO SORRY to annoy you with this kind of request, and I don’t mind if this can’t be done, it’s just that it’s a LITTLE hard for me to understand your tutorial. I will definitely use it if you can’t simplify, it’s just a TINY request in case you have enough time… again, REALLY sorry about this​:sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat::sweat:

1 Like

Sure, I can help you through here no problem! Try to follow it as much as you can and tell me on which step do you get lost. Also, try to look at the documentation or even a video explaining the technology behind it: python, docker, and cloud run. They explain it better than I ever could. So, give it a try and I’ll be here haha

2 Likes

Thank you!!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

First question! You said you used vscode in the tutorial, but I actually use python, or is that a part of python? Um, you can kind of see the confusion! So basically, my question is what is a virtual environment, vscode and how can I do this*?

*Should I use Jupyter Notebook or something?

Any help appreciated greatly!

There is this channel in YT explaining how to code in python, the host covers virtual environments and vscode while using python for mac and PC. Check his videos out, he is one of the best! → https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCezIgC97PvUuR4_gbFUs5g

I mean this tutorial sadly it involves coding. I couldn’t go around it, to be honest. About your questions, as I said before look for Youtube videos and resource like that, that might facilitate the learning curve. It is difficult, don’t give up so easily.

2 Likes

Alright! Thank you so much

I need help with docker. Where should I run docker-build and docker-run? My virtual environment?

you need to open you terminal, navigate to the folder containing the docker file and first build your container and afterwards just run it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay! Thank you so much! I’ll try it out😁

1 Like

Hi, I just want to say that your tutorial is really great and instructive! I have been following it, but I am running into a few issues.

First of all, I am having trouble with servers and Postman. When I run the given link in your tutorial (http://0.0.0.0:9090/prediction?url={yourimage url}&apikey=f69c02cc-5423-4285-9993-b42ecdec1c74) with my own image url in Postman, it says “Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 0.0.0.0:9090”. Is this a big issue, and if so, how can I resolve it?

EDIT: The pushing and pulling from Docker is no longer an issue. Now, I am having trouble with the step about gcloud builds submit --tag etc. I am getting this error: “unable to prepare context: unable to evaluate symlinks in Dockerfile path: lstat /workspace/Dockerfile: no such file or directory
ERROR
ERROR: build step 0 “gcr.io/cloud-builders/docker” failed: step exited with non-zero status: 1”
I have looked through the documentation a bit but it is pretty hard to understand. Do you have any ideas?

Do you have any ideas on these two issues? I have tried researching online for a while but I haven’t found any solutions, and I was hoping you would be able to help me.

EDIT: See above

1 Like

Hi, may I know what is
import tensorflow.hard
Is it refer to
import tensorflow.keras

Uhm it’s another tensorflow library. To be honest I don’t know what is the difference but the tutorial uses import tensorflow.keras I would strongly suggest sticking with the libraries and the versions of tutorial so it works perfectly!

1 Like

Ok ok, are you trying the run the link with the brackets? because that is not going to work. The brackets are intended as way to show you where the url goes. If it’s not the case you are doing it properly.

Then… about the connection error. Check what port are you exporting to is it 9090? You should have the docker container running before connecting to it. I would strongly suggest looking at a basic docker tutorial on youtube. There are plenty of them.

About the gcloud submission. Did you instal gcloud correctly? Perhaps if you docker container is not working, first solve that. I would move to a gcloud forum first, to see if they can help you with that. I don’t remember having any of those issues. Maybe look at youtube tutorials.

It’s a hard tutorial, I know but combined with other tutorials w/ the technology you are using it is possible. Python, Tensorflow, Gcloud and Docker :slight_smile:

1 Like