[Solved] Time Stamp App without device blocks

Hi all,
I would like to develop a Time Stamp app. This app should basically capture data, time & Location details when a Picture is clicked using the phone camera. I’ve seen a lot of similar apps in the play store. But all of these pick up the date and time from the phone only. If date and time is changed in the phone, the modified things only show up in the photo.
Hence I would like to pick up the date and time from some other source like … from some website. Please let me know if this is possible in thunkable. If Yes, please give some inputs on the coding part.

Thank You :slight_smile:

Hi @PK_Hyd, :wave:

If you’re using Thunkable X we have an open-source sample app that you can remix called Tempus.

It uses as world time server to get the current time, which you can use for your time stamping apps.

2 Likes

Hey Domhnall,
Thank you very much for your swift response.
I just had a look at the code. That looks good and i think this serves my purpose. Will get back to you after I finish the app :slight_smile:

Cheers
PK

2 Likes

Glad to help @PK_Hyd,

Looking forward to hearing how you get on with it!

1 Like

Hey Domhnall,

Thunkable Live doesn’t work on my phone. I don’t know if this is the case with My phone or its the same for all. Well tired of that, I’ve tried the classic version, ofcourse through the inputs given in this post !. It is working.
There is an issue. After getting the Date and Time on the pic, the picture gets saved 2 times on my phone - One plain pic and another is the one with date and time. I want only the pic with Date and Time to be saved and not the original one.

I am missing my logic somewhere i guess. Could u plz help me in this. Attached are the blocks

1 Like