[SOLVED] Please help all my stored variables stopped working over night

please help me why are my variables working last night and today if i change a stored variable to text it freezes whole program and nothing works

Can you share a link to your project and let us know which screen the project is freezing on and when?

when the user enters their name at the end as soon as the highname variable gets requested and changed to text it just stops my program working. idk what happened. I know this is very novice code and its just a school project but its driving me crazy that it stopped working.

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/bad6b8522ec6313194a8bd3525619491

i was using the number labels to trouble shoot where it stopped working (the -1 1 2 3 4 5 6 numbes). it always failed at the stored variable changing to a text

On which screen is it freezing? What is the name of that screen?

What device or browser are you testing it on when it freezes?

It’s not freezing for me in Chrome or on an iPhone 13 Pro.

screen 6 back button wont work because the variable highname isnt setting and it get stuck there

windows 11, chrome

For next time, there’s a better way to create a high score list. You can use an object to store a user’s name and score. With a list of objects, you can then sort the objects which requires either Javascript or coding a sort in Thunkable.

Or even easier, combine the user’s name and score in a single value such as “275,Marcus” and then sort the list of values numerically and parse the two values using the separator (“,”).

For your current blocks, you’ll need to do some debugging. I have a method I recommend that’s linked below. It involved debugging messages and wait blocks, similar to this:

It can help you narrow down where the problem is occurring.

I don’t know how to debug and i don’t know why it does this when it worked fine yesterday. As soon as I take out changing variable highname to text input the code works fine. Granted it doesn’t do what its meant to do… but it does let me prese back…

its stupid i made a brand new stored variable and replace it where highname was and now it works. idk what happened

1 Like