[Solved] Firebase automatically deletes previous tags when I upload new, different ones

Hello everyone,

I’m uploading a ‘complex’ structure made of different objects to firebase:

Screenshot_2019-07-11%20Pizzeria%20al%20taglio%20Kora%20Kora%20%E2%80%93%20Database%20%E2%80%93%20Firebase%20console

but when I upload a new entry, a new “Ordine …blablabla” even if it’s different from the previous one it deletes the preexisting one, why?

Screenshot_2019xxx-07-13%20Thunkable

Help please

It would have to be uploaded as Ordine del (change the date) and then it should save it. If you try and save a new value under the Ordini/Ordine del 11\7\2019 delle Ore 18:38 it will just replace the Ordine. It would also help to see a screenshot of the blocks that are saving to firebase.

It’s a different ‘Ordine del…’ it changes the hour

Screenshot_2019xxx-07-13%20Thunkable

That is odd. And it is only changing the child node Ordine?

I was probably using objects in the wrong way (I knew it was too good to be true :cry:).

If I save every firebase entry one by one, using set cloud pattern to value
or db save, it works

I dont want “total” child to be disappered when I update only “location” child. I dont want to use much more blocks to solve this. Is there an easy solution for this? @actech @jane

If you change the location node, the total node will not be changed. It’s like a file. If you are in Windows Explorer change the name of the selected file, it does not affect files that are next to it.

1 Like

Can you open up your answer please. I didnt understand. Im sorry

To change the node values ​​in the database firebase you need to specify the path to that node. You know what is the path to the node firebase?

On your way to figure coordinates as follows:

location/lat
location/long

If you specify such a way that total node will not be overwritten.

1 Like

Thunkable is visual platform. Its hard to visualize a solution when you try to explain a person who doesn’t know nothing about programing like me. That’s why I put the solution down here. @actech thank you for godsend solution.:100: