[Solved] Can you help me make a POST to Shelly using x-www-form-urlencoded calls?

nothing

@muneer if you install the shelly cloud app, that way you can have your “auth_key” after I share a device with you and you have an id device to try it.
would you do me this favor.

1 Like

Sure.
I’ll do that tomorrow. It’s about 1am in the morning my time.

1 Like

@muneer thank you very much, please allow me to unblock the app that stops on this issue. When you install the “Shelly Cloud” app please send me your email to share my device with you.

1 Like

hey guys i just can’t find the solution :frowning:

1 Like

I registered in the cloud. Please send me your device ID in a PM.

1 Like

send me your email in PM to share my device and have the ability to manage it

is there any way to know how to format the web-api command i wrote?

1 Like

Hooray

Use all the parameters in the URL

2 Likes

@muneer I would be very happy if it worked, but this was the first test I had done, but it doesn’t work for me. Can you tell me if you did anything in particular? :frowning:

Cattura4

Cattura2

1 Like

Will send you the details when I’m back home.

1 Like

Thanks, I can’t figure it out, I’m still testing but I can’t get it to work, I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong.
Maybe I can share the project with you to look for the error

1 Like

This is how the full URL should look like

https://shelly-25-eu.shelly.cloud/device/relay/control?auth_key=XXXXXX1dWlkA7346C7C02D00A2803F9DA01D2061F3EXXXXXX74E52C07264554975660A35E61A6598134206A2B&id=XXXX9999XXXX&channel=0&turn=on

1 Like

doesn’t work or rather I made a strange discovery.

It works with shared devices that you are not the direct owner of.

So it worked for you with the device I shared with you.

In fact, the response you receive is as follows.

{“isok”:true}

Instead the response from proprietary devices is as follows.

{“isok”:true,“data”:{“device_id”:“e8dbxxxxb098”}}

So in conclusion the solution that worked for you , does not work with proprietary devices that respond with the following error:

{“isok”:false,“errors”:{“wrong_channel”:“Could not control this relay channel!”}}

1 Like

I sent you a PM with a working solution using your device ID and your authentication key.

Sample output

2 Likes

The solution is something I have suggested earlier but now I tried it myself and can conform it works.

2 Likes

I want to thank @muneer for your patience and the solution about my big problem

1 Like

:raised_hands:

API Master Muneer!!!

4 Likes

Thank you for your nice compliment

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.