[Solved] Can I connect Data Viewers to 3rd party APIs/Databases?

Hello all,

In general I am using external data (mongodb, firebase firestore, or even notion, coda…) and I am using the drag’n’drop interface.

I want to build a custom layout for my data but as far as I understood I can do it only if i am using official datasource like airtable, …

Is it true ?
if not, do you have a exemple for me ?
thanks a lot
Alex

1 Like

You can create a local table and connect it to the layout of the Viewer. Then use the data from your external source to populate the local table.

3 Likes

great thanks that’s the solution I did but I wanted to avoid any sync problem by using the data directly.

Alex

1 Like

The data viewers/grids are automatically synched with the local table, you only need to update the local table or if you rather prefer update the data Viewer/grid rows directly.

I was talking about the data in my backend.
the app can be used in different devices also.

The data are accessible based on the device so if different users used the same device I will need make sure that the data are for the good user right ?

1 Like

If you clear the data in the local table whenever the app starts then you should not worry about user specific data because the data that will show in the Data Viewer List/Grid will be the data you extracted from the external source regardless of the device used.

1 Like

thanks a lot for your help
Alex

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: How can i create custom Data Viewer layouts for Drag and Drop projects?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.